KEYENCE Canada Inc. (“KEYENCE” or the “Company”) strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility.
Our organization is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and its regulations (collectively the “AODA”). This accessibility plan outlines the steps the Company is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Our plan shows how KEYENCE will play its role in making Ontario an accessible province for all Ontarians.
PAST ACHIEVEMENTS TO REMOVE AND PREVENT BARRIERS
This document includes a summary of the accessibility initiatives the Company has completed.
- Established accessibility policies governing how the Company will meet its obligations under the AODA.
- Established this multi-year accessibility plan and posted the plan on its website. KEYENCE is committed to reviewing and updating the plan at least once every five years to ensure it remains applicable.
- Provided training and/or arranged to provide training to its employees, volunteers, others that provide goods or services on the Company’s behalf and all those who are involved in the development of the Company’s policies, practices and procedures on the requirements of the accessibility standards and the Human Rights Code as it relates to persons with disabilities.
KEYENCE is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are able to access its goods and services. As such, the Company has done the following:
- Developed, implemented and maintained policies governing the provision of the Company’s goods and services to persons with disabilities.
- Provided training and/or arranged to provide training to its employees, volunteers, others that provide goods or services on the Company’s behalf and all those who are involved in the development of the Company’s policies, practices and procedures on accessible customer service.
Information and Communications
KEYENCE has done the following to ensure accessibility with respect to information and communication supports:
- The Company ensures that its feedback processes are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing and arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, upon request.
- The Company provides and arranges for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities, in consultation with the individual, in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s disability, and at a cost that is not more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- The Company notifies the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication support.
- Upon request, the Company will provide any publicly available emergency response information in an accessible format.
- The Company is in the process of ensuring that it’s website, web content and web-based applications conform to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA (other than success criteria 1.2.4 and 1.2.5).
KEYENCE has done the following to ensure accessibility with respect to its employment practices:
- KEYENCE will notify employees and the public about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes.
- KEYENCE will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request when they are individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process.
- KEYENCE will notify successful job applicants of its policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- KEYENCE will inform employees of its policies used to support employees with disabilities.
- KEYENCE will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability.
- KEYENCE has developed and implemented a written process for documenting individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- KEYENCE has developed and implemented a return to work process employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work.
- KEYENCE takes into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities during the performance management, career development and advancement, and redeployment processes.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIONS
KEYENCE is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. This means that we will provide goods and services to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
KEYENCE will continue providing its goods and services in an accessible manner to persons with disabilities. The Company remains open to feedback about how it can make its goods and services more accessible.
Information and Communications
KEYENCE is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
The Company will continue to provide information in an accessible format and with appropriate communication supports. Any new content added to the Company’s website will comply with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
KEYENCE is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
The Company will continue to notify individuals about its accessibility measures at all stages of the application, recruitment and hiring process, and during employment.
KEYENCE is committed to providing training on the requirements of Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
The Company will ensure that all newly hired employees (or other representatives) are trained as soon as practicable after beginning their employment or engagement with KEYENCE.
If KEYENCE makes any changes to its existing accessibility policies, the Company will ensure that training is provided again.
Design of Public Spaces
KEYENCE will meet accessibility laws when building or making major changes to public spaces.
Although the Company does not currently own or manage any outdoor paths of travel (i.e. sidewalks, ramps stairs, curb ramps, rest areas, etc.), parking spaces, service counters or waiting areas, KEYENCE is committed to ensuring such public spaces are accessible in the event the Company owns or manages such public spaces in the future.